Chief Executive Officer
30-40 hrs/week | Remote Position based in the U.S.
$60-72,000/yr starting salary + performance bonuses
Ideal start date, May 2023
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
The Yoga Abbey is seeking to hire a highly motivated, passionate, and integrous CEO to work alongside the Founder to pursue the growth and flourishing of our online yoga sanctuary and training school.
The Yoga Abbey is entering its fifth year of existence and is looking for a well-organized and inspired individual to take over the day-to-day mantle of leadership from the Founder and Owner. Initially, the CEO will work closely with the Founder but will gradually work towards greater independence in daily management and longer-term planning. Long term, the CEO and Founder will continue to collaborate on shaping and communicating the company vision but the CEO will be responsible for turning that vision into meaningful KPIs and supporting team members and projects through to completion.
This unconventional role is half operations + team leadership and half sales and marketing. In addition to overseeing our small but mighty team, the CEO will be responsible for designing, implementing, tracking, and overseeing all sales and marketing efforts. As we are currently an entirely online community, prior experience with digital marketing, primarily including email and social media marketing, is essential.
If you are someone who gets excited about taking on new challenges, thinking outside the box while obsessing about how to iterate and improve inside the box, possesses a continual willingness to broaden their skill set, and thrives working with a passionate and loyal team then we want to work with you!
- Work alongside the Founder to craft short and long-term strategic vision, and then translate that vision into strategic and actionable plans.
- Manage team members in support of their weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals; provide meaningful feedback, troubleshoot obstacles that arise, and champion their professional and personal development.
- Identify new areas of opportunity and the resources needed to make these opportunities come to life.
- Oversee all sales and marketing efforts from inception to completion. This will include, but is not limited to, creating promotional campaigns utilizing email and social media, creating campaign collateral (writing sales emails, social media posts, website copy), liaising with graphic designer, and creating sales pages on website.
- Regularly gather and analyze data and metrics to report to Founder along with strategic recommendations.
- Manage The Yoga Abbey shop, including ordering new merchandise when needed.
- Liaise with fractional CFO to stay up-to-date on revenue forecast and monitor budget.
- Pursue the flourishing of The Yoga Abbey through prayerful and strategic initiatives that continue to serve and grow our community.
- 5+ years experience leading digital projects from ideation to completion with thorough reporting on roadblocks and success of projects.
- 3-5 years experience managing healthy teams, preferably in an online and asynchronous context.
- Strong familiarity with software like Slack, Google Drive, WordPress, and Ontraport or a strong confidence level in learning new programs.
- 3-5 years experience formulating and executing a digital launch for a new campaign, offering or product.
- Copywriting for conversion via web, email, and social media.
- A strong confidence in interpreting data reports and making strategic recommendations and decisions based on data and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both interpersonally and publicly.
- Self-starter who is motivated by and passionate about The Yoga Abbey’s vision, and thrives in a small team environment where everyone pitches in to create something excellent.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to Alison Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org and complete a brief application here.
A note about The Yoga Abbey
The Yoga Abbey is an online yoga sanctuary that creates content and trainings to help Christians embody their faith. We are not affiliated with any specific denomination but draw deeply from the contemplative prayer tradition.
We are a very small team spread out over the U.S. with contributors and contractors all over the world. We greatly value flexibility in work schedules but have found that we’re able to work best as a team when some of our working hours overlap, so we’re looking for someone who can generally be available during weekday business hours. We also have a flexible PTO policy and strongly encourage team members to take at least three weeks off each year.
We believe diversity represents strength and are proud of the many denominations, backgrounds, ages, body shapes, ethnicities, and life experiences represented in The Yoga Abbey. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for every team and community member and do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, denomination, sexual orientation, disability, or familial status. We highly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply as we honor and support equal employment.